[mythtv] Question about aspect ratio (rtfileheader)

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Oct 19 00:20:15 EDT 2003

> Is rtfileheader::aspect always 1.0 or is there any case where it's
filled
> in
> with some usable data?

Sorry, can't help you here :(

> The reason i'm wondering is because i'm trying to fix the aspect ratio
> problems in the windows filters i did.
> If the aspect member is filled with something usable I coud use that,
but
> if
> not I'll have to make it a configuration option or hardcode it to 4:3.

What about use it if it exists, if not fall back to whatever a
configuration option has it set to and have that configuration option
defaulted to 4:3 :)

Thanks for the great work on the filter, I find that it has worked
perfectly first go (with ddshow installed too; the order of installation
doesn't seem to affect things btw, on one machine I forgot to install
ddshow before trying to play a nuv.) for mpeg4 recordings on three
separate windows XP machines.

Cheers,
Kent