[mythtv] editing frame-by-frame weird in recent cvs

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Oct 17 13:08:49 EDT 2003

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> Bruce Markey wrote:
>>It sound like there are bogus entries in the seektable. Try
>>running mythcommflag --chanid <chanid> --starttime <starttime>
>
> While this will fix a non-existent seektable, it won't fix a bad one.  It does
> not wipe the seektable in recordedmarkup or change any .nuv files, it only
> adds a new seektable in recordedmarkup if one does not exist previously in
> either place.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I've just assumed that it
would always fix the seektable.

> I had code at one time to fix a .nuv seektable in the file but never
> put it in mythcommflag.  I have also thought about adding an option to
> mythcommflag to erase any existing seektable and create a new one, but it's
> not high priority for me.

Agreed, not a high priority but I would like to have this as
a 'safety net' to know that I could repair a damaged file if
necessary. If you do tinker with mythcommflag again, one other
low priority feature I'd like to see is a --file flag like:

mythcommflag -f 1024_20031016230000_20031017000000.nuv

then extract the chanid and starttime from the filename.

Thanks for writing this, Chris. I do use this quite often.

--  bjm