[mythtv] How do I use an "&" in ui.xml?

Fri Oct 17 12:52:36 EDT 2003

> > I want to add a colour in the EPG for a category called "News & Arts", but
> > adding this into ui.xml causes something to choke (I don't get anything
> > drawn, just a blank screen).  Changing ui.xml to read & means the screen
> > appears, but the category appears not to be matched.
> >
> > Any suggestions please?

> What about escaping it, like \&

Nope, I tried that.  I *think* the whole screen still fails to load if you try this.  Looking at uitypes.cpp it is doing an exact match, so it seems unlikely it will match unless it is an exact match, but I'm not quite sure why the whole thing fails to load and parse with the "&" anyway...?

Any other ideas?

Thanks