[mythtv] PVR 350 decoder performance

Jason Schloer schloer.jason at tangoinc.com
Thu Oct 16 16:28:49 EDT 2003

So will the PVR 350 decoder handle large mpeg2 streams like HDTV
streams? It is still technically an MPEG stream, but a lot more data.
Would anyone with a PVR 350 and the latest CVS be willing to try it out?
If the 350 won't support it will any other mpeg decoder be able to
handle this? I ask because my cpu/videocar combo aren't quite powerful
enough(gotta love how the geforce 4 TI's actually slow down playback)
and if I'm going to have to upgrade, it wouldn't be a bad thing to get a
second tuner in the deal too. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Jason Schloer