[mythtv] Special characters not working with native lirc

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Sun Oct 12 12:23:23 EDT 2003

I posted this on the dev list but it didn't get any responses.  This
list is probably more appropriate anyway.

  I just switched from irxevent to using the native lirc support in
MythTV. All buttons worked with irxevent. Some of the button names
were different in the new ~/.mythtv/lircrc file but I changed them to
match the button names from the ~/.lircrc.

The problem is slash, less, and greater don't seem to get passed on
correctly. They did work irxevent as favorite, rew scan and fw scan.

Of course I can go back to using irxevent, but if this is a bug ...

Thanks,
Vinton

from ~/.lircrc

# Toggles Full Screen Mode changed f Full to / favorite
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Full
config = Key slash CurrentWindow
end

# Fast forward (default in Myth is 10 minute segment) changed Page_Down
to > ffw scan
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Skip
config = Key greater CurrentWindow
end

# Rewind (default in Muth is 10 minute segment) changed Page_Up to <
rew scan
begin
prog = irxevent
button = Replay