[mythtv] MythTV: Windows frontend

Alex alex at agni.phys.iit.edu
Fri Oct 10 14:28:42 EDT 2003

Hi, I was looking around for a way to get a windows machine to be the
frontend for a mythtv backend, but I wasn't able to find anything. Has
anyone seen anything that could be used for this? Keep in mind I want all
the features, like live tv and so on, so simple streaming solutions like
videolan wouldn't cut it.

I've tried compiling mythtv in cygwin and I'm stuck getting some weird
scope errors involving timeval in audioplayeross.h (I can fix it by
making a struct timeval definition in the main class, but then it doesn't
work in audioplayeross.cpp when it tries to get the timeval for use in
gettimeofday()). Any ideas with this?

At this point, I'm thinking of just writing my own windows frontend. Is
there a protocol description document somewhere, or do I have to go
hunting in the source?

I'm looking forward to being able to make a neato high tech tv system in
my house.. plus this looks like a fun project. Good to brag to friends
about :P

Thanks!
-alex