[mythtv] pre-encode video cropping?

D Banerjee davatar at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 23:05:01 EDT 2003

I noticed the way we are currently taking care of edge noise/black borders
is by overscanning on playback. These borders consume a large amount of
data, leaving less for the actual picture. They should be cropped before
encoding.

1. If I were to implement such a feature, should I just modify
NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp? or should I be contributing to the NuppelVideo
project?

2. This also raises issues with non-standard video sizes, i.e. we crop 32
pixels horizontally and 16 vertically from 480x480 video and we get 448x464
video. Will this have problems with playback or exportation?

-Debabrata