[mythtv] Error in Visor Theme

Bruno David Simões Rodrigues bruno.rodrigues at litux.org
Tue Oct 7 01:56:53 EDT 2003

A Sex, 2003-10-03 às 10:57, Torsten Schenkel escreveu:
> Am Fr, 2003-10-03 um 08.42 schrieb Joshua Bernstein:
>
> > mythtv at sideglow:~$ mythfrontend -v 4
> > Unknown argument for -v/--verbose: 4
> > 2003-10-02 20:22:17 Enabled verbose msgs : important general
> > Error parsing: /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/visor/ui.xml
> > at line: 601  column: 17
> > tag mismatch
>
> Had the same problem here,

bruno at tuxiba:/mnt/src/code/mythtv/mythtv-theme-visor$ xmllint ui.xml
ui.xml:474: error: Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
        <value lang="CA">Les gravacions en conflicte sóón les de
color</value>
                                                        ^
ui.xml:474: error: Bytes: 0xF3 0x6E 0x20 0x6C
        <value lang="CA">Les gravacions en conflicte sóón les de
color</value>
                                                        ^
ui.xml:783: error: attributes construct error
        <image function="downarrow"
filename="downarrow.png"location="485,251"><

I had the same problem in main mythtv theme - there's an error in
catalan translation and you'd better remove those two lines.
Aditionally there's an missing space in line 783.

(I don't know if I have latest visor tar.gz, sorry)

> seems to me, that the xml-parser has problems with special characters,
> so it misses some tags.

These xml files should be encoded as utf-8. If there is an non-utf8 char
in there, xml would not be valid

> I don't know what is the exact problem, maybe escaping some of the
> special characters (especially spanish, french accents or german umlauts
> seem good candidates for me).

We just have to make sure that we use utf-8 encoding ;)

> It may well be a locale problem, since I run C-locale on all systems.
> But I'm not at all an xml-wizard, so may be well wrong. But it is a
> quick'n'dirty workaround.

Nothing related to locale. That's what UTF-8 is for :)