[mythtv] Re: Viewing Time Monitor

Brett tamntm2 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 11:18:52 EDT 2003

> For building your GUI, you can use BASH shell
scripts to create basic &
>advanced GUI displays. There is also pyGTK & Glade.
>There is a good beginner article here:
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6586

Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping to have it look
fairly integrated with the Myth system.

Looking back, perhaps I erred on the side of *too
much* information in my first post.  Let me try to
rephrase in a way that's less bulky:

I'm planning on trying to instantiate a
MythPopupDialog inside main.cpp.  I guess the pointer
will live as a global in that file.  I'm planning on
adding a few widgets like I see it done for the popups
in PlaybackBox.cpp.  Then I'll attach the a handler to
a button on the popup, which will hide the popup,
store the info from the widgets somewhere, and call
the real call, like startTV().  I'm going to try to
copy the setup and instantiation from the
PlaybackBox.cpp file.

Does this seem like a reasonable thing to do?  Am I
missing anything that QT jockeys would know that I
don't?  Do I need one of those moc files?  (If so, how
do I make one?)

And for a more advanced question, where could I
capture keystroke events that are sent to the popup?

Thanks,

Brett