[mythtv] Sucess! mythtv no X-Window

Steve wilton at hal.humberc.on.ca
Sun Nov 30 00:02:38 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 13:25, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Friday 28 November 2003 16:44, Steve wrote:
> > The subject should say it all!
> >
> > I've written a video output for mythtv using directfb, modified
> > settings.pro and Makefile in libmythtv so it doesn't try to compile
> > against X, and compiled with qt-embedded. Everything's running on the
> > framebuffer.
>
> Just curious, what kind of performance/CPU usage are you getting for playback?
> Are you able to use any kind of hardware-accelerated scaling, since (I
> presume) you can't use Xv without X (or am I wrong in that?)

My machine doesn't have an ssh daemon running currently, and since my
output code doesn't have keyboard support yet, I'm not quite sure.

There are no audio stuttering or video glitch problems at all - unlike
the X stuff, so I assume it's using less resources.

I will be getting an ssh daemon running tonight or tomorrow, I'll let
you know what the CPU usage, etc is then.

As far as I know, DirectFB supports hardware scaling and color space
conversion on the CLE266, even though it's not using Xv.

Steve