[mythtv] Dual Tuner, Dual Cable, Live-TV problem

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Nov 29 01:12:28 EST 2003

Steve Winslow wrote:
> I have a dual tuner (PVR-250) setup with dual cable feeds: 'A' and 'B'
> Cables, with different content on each cable.  'A' Cable to Tuner 1, and
> 'B' cable to Tuner 2.  I'm running Myth-0.12 compiled from source.
>
> I can schedule recordings on both tuners, even simultaneous recordings
> with no problems.
>
> However, while watching live TV and selecting channels from the EPG,
> channel selections are always applied to Tuner 1 even if the channel
> selected from the EPG was for Tuner 2.
>
> Is this a known bug? (or feature...;)

Has it been 8 hours since the last time this came up?
(but I guess it was on the myth-user list ;-)

http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2003-November/021565.html

In your case, unfortunately there will be no way to directly
switch from watching a channel on one source to a channel on
the other source. You should be able to see the second card
in PIP or by starting a recording on the first card then going
to live TV.

--  bjm