[mythtv] Sucess! mythtv no X-Window

Steve wilton at hal.humberc.on.ca
Fri Nov 28 16:44:41 EST 2003

The subject should say it all!

I've written a video output for mythtv using directfb, modified
settings.pro and Makefile in libmythtv so it doesn't try to compile
against X, and compiled with qt-embedded. Everything's running on the
framebuffer.

EPG doesn't work yet - that looks like it's going to be harder.

System start-up time is about 12sec (after the incredibly long POST -
need to try linuxbios) on an EPIA-M9000.

Code to follow (when I get it cleaned up some).

Is there an easy way to pass keypresses from the directfb driver back up
to myth? Currently the only way to exit watching TV is to reset the
machine - probably not the desired behaviour ;)

Anyone interested in beta (more like alpha) testing this?

Steve