[mythtv] mythtv with dvb is unusable!

Tue Nov 25 12:44:24 EST 2003

> This freeze not only happens for encrypted channels but  also in many other
> cases (ex. no or bad signal, bad parameter and other)....

Sure thing.  Your pain is noted!

Actually if you check back through the archives this stall comes up for lots of other reasons too.  And quite a few other people have moaned about it. (A number of people have tried to fix it as well I think..?).

Consider your feature request noted.  However, do bear in mind that Myth is very much driven by individual users getting bothered enough to fix something, ie people are in general only doing stuff which matters to them.  Be gentle when asking for changes is the point.

Perhaps someone else might dive in here and contribute some notes as to how this might actually be fixed?  (At least the frontend part)