[mythtv] Tracing Channel Change

Matthew Carnevale mcarnevale at ozforces.com.au
Tue Nov 25 08:52:56 EST 2003

Related to channel change times also, I notice on my system that it can
sometimes take an EXTREMELY long time to change channels, in the order
of 5-15 seconds or sometimes more.  It depends on how long the same
channel has been playing for.  This also affects how long it takes to go
back to the frontend menu, but dosen't seem to affect how long it takes
to enter a pause.  Any thoughts on this? I'm running my ringbuffer on an
ext3 formatted drive, could that be the problem?

Just curious if anyone else has had this on their systems.  This problem
occurred while I was using an analog capture card and hasn't changed
(I'm now using a DVB-T card).

Cheers,

Matt