[mythtv] OT: Ivtv and Lirc 2.6 patch

Jeff Clark jeff at tmtrading.com
Fri Nov 21 03:51:30 EST 2003

Slightly off topic, but may be of interest to some of you who would like
to run Mythtv on Linux 2.6 (as I do).

Two patches available from: http://www.clarkmania.com/~jclark/

Linux 2.6 kernel patch adds lirc support.  Based on an old patch
floating around which did not port the lirc_i2c module needed by the
Hauppage cards.  I've cleaned up the module, added i2c support and added
lirc_dev module support (was static only in previous patch).

Ivtv patch for linux 2.6.  Applies cleanly (hopefully) to the current
CVS checkout.  I have only tested building it against linux 2.6 test9.
Seems to work just fine with my Hauppauge PVR-250 and MythTV.  Ivtv
includes a msp3400 module, but linux 2.6 includes a newer version which
you should use.  Actually, I did not port the ivtv one so you'll have to
use the module included with the kernel :)

Happy Hacking!

-Jeff

FYI: I'm not on this list, please respond directly.