[mythtv] mythweb listing/timeslot-detection changes

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Nov 20 03:26:13 EST 2003

I was browsing through some listings tonight to make sure that a change
I made worked (you can now click the timeslot header and jump to that
time).

Anyway, I noticed that there was a no-data block that had showed up for
something that I knew had data (the "previous" show ended an hour and a
half after the no-data block).  This is because late-night and
early-morning shows on a number of channels often start/end at weird
times (with shows taking up weird blocks like 36 minutes long, etc).
After messing around for a long time, I came up with what I think is the
best solution for displaying shows that start/end at weird times.

Anyway, I've also added what I hope is a good variant of John McEntee's
"timeslot" patch that breaks show timeslots down into 5 minute chunks,
while keeping the list display-times in 15-minute chunks (read the docs
for how to adjust this to your own needs - though I wouldn't push the
smallest size below 1/36 the total list size - that means don't make
more than 36 total timeslots).

I added code to check widths of the show cells, and if the width is too
small, it will replace the subtitle and/or title with "..." (use the
mouseover for detail) to avoid trying to squeeze too much info into such
a small box.

PLEASE let me know if you find bugs/problems with any of this new code.
I'm quite tired and need to sleep, and I wouldn't be surprised if
something didn't work properly.

Oh, and I was trying to take a screenshot yesterday when I realized that
the default view may look great at 1280x1024, but trying to squeeze it
down to 1024x768 (the smallest I'd hope to get it) is rather difficult.
If anyone has font size changes, etc. that would help, please speak up.
I'll also see what I can do about getting my wife to work up a better
(ie. more graphical) top menu that won't be so heavily dependent upon
font sizes/wrapping and can be better positioned by pixel sizes.

Ok, really tired and now I'm rambling.  Off to sleep.

-Chris