[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

avalanche at beyondmonkey.com avalanche at beyondmonkey.com
Wed Nov 19 20:37:11 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Engel" <dlengel at attbi.com>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 12:22 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

> The only thing I'm not sure about is the possibility of a very,
> subtle, race condition in the setting and clearing of ignoreevents.
> If there is a race condition, it's present in numerous other places
> which use the same technique.  All of those places should probably
> eventtually be changed to use trylock/unlock.

Isn't everything protected by updateLock, so even if ignoreevents
fails it still shouldn't be a problem? Anyway, the trylock stuff
sounds much better, I overlooked that method in the QT docs, I wanted
to use locked() but didn't, since the docs say it's not defined for
all platfoms so I went for the ignoreevents approach.

av