[mythtv] MythVideo

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Tue Nov 18 02:52:03 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 08:23, Justin The Cynical wrote:

> Personally, I'd like to have the ability to browse a directory listing
> and play video files from various filesystems (local HD, CD-ROM, network
> mounted, etc), something like how Xine lets one browse the files.  My
> housemates and myself will burn video clips and such to CD-ROM to save
> HD space so being able to point MythVideo to a given filesystem without
> having to scan a pre-mounted set of filesystem would be nice.

Hmm, you can do that already. It's what I do all the time. Just make a
link in your video-dir to the directory you want to include and you can
change into that directory with crs-right. If you point your video dir
to / (which I wouldn't recommend doing, but I you need to, linux won't
keep you) you can browse all of the filesystem.

Another nice thing to do is: Set up an automounter for you cd/dvd-drive,
set it with a low latency time, so the device gets unmounted after a few
seconds, link the cd automountpoint to your video dir, and you can
browse all the video files on CD.

A nice thing is: MythVideo will only show you directories and video
files. I'll have to look if it will only show directories that contain
video files, but I guess so.

Torsten
--
Config files for pvr350 tv-out and framebuffer:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/ivtv-pvr-350-conf.tgz