[mythtv] PVR350 + Netstream2000 + External Program to View Recorded Shows

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 17 16:15:25 EST 2003

On Monday 17 November 2003 15:43, Jim Seely wrote:
> Is anyone using this type of combination?  I have put together
> everything, and find that from the command line, viewing previously
> recorded programs are wonderful from the Netstream playfile
> application.  Is there a way to change the default program for
> recorded playback. I've read the lists and found the patch to play
> LIVETV via another program, but not the recorded programs.

No, there's currently no way to select a different player for Myth
recordings.  Such an option would probably be easy to implement in
code, but it would only be advantageous to PVR-250/350 users.

BTW, what advantage do you feel the NetStream2000 has over using
PVR-350's TV-out & decoder?  A quick perusal doesn't reveal anything
obvious to me.

-JAC