[mythtv] [Patch] CD Monitoring subsystem

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Nov 13 18:40:19 EST 2003

> The good thing about this is that we could easily make a new socket
> that accepts these kinds of commands and have a way to externally
> control the frontend.

YES.  I've wanted the ability to control mythmusic from mythweb for a
long time...   But you'd need a way to also check the status of a
frontend, and list which frontends are connected, and what their
capabilities are (ie. don't show "music->play" for a frontend that
doesn't have mythmusic installed)..  Not to mention a current-status
kind of thing, especially for music, so that the current playlist could
be transferred to mythweb and edited, browsed, etc.

-Chris