[mythtv] FFmpeg CVS

Jason Hoos jhoos at thwack.net
Thu Nov 13 12:03:40 EST 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> I generally resync things when there's a bugfix or new feature I want in
the
> tree -- like the new avformat API that I just got finished merging in..
But,
> I do try to stay pretty current, unless it's only been minor changes to
> codecs that aren't used here.

Sounds good.  Since you just got everything caught up I should be fine.  I'm
actually rethinking whether it would be better to do what I want to do
within libavcodec, or if it would be better to just use libavformat to
extract the AC3 stream directly and deal with it in avformatdecoder.  I may
e-mail the ffmpeg list and find out what their "preferred" way of dealing
with something like this is, since it seems that most other programs that
use ffmpeg and have AC3 passthrough capability (mplayer, xine?) seem to
handle it externally to libavcodec, which I suppose makes some sense since
otherwise there'd be an audio codec that could output a format that none of
the encoding codecs would understand...

Jason