[mythtv] Re: PVR 250 & Linux vs Windows PVRs

Wayne Hogue w_hogue at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:30:32 EST 2003

>There is nothing _standard_ about the mpeg the pvr250 creates. Many things
>I tried to use to transcode them saw the mpeg as broken. The things that
>would actually transcode it would cut the wrong sections for commercials
>and the sound would end up out of sync.

After several hours of trial and error I have hacked together a perl script
that will take a 250 encoded file, remove comercials and do a 2 pass xvid
encode and maintain audio sync (This was tha had part as everything else I
tried when cutting comercials messed up the audio).

You will need:  Transcode, xvid and perl DBD:mysql

Edit the top of the script to match you system and set deaults for the
encode.

NOTE: when you mark your video cutlist, besure the video starts and ends
with a cut.  I just goto the first frams and "delete from this point
backward" and move to the last frams and "Delete from this fram forward"
This way the script can generat a proper cut list (its a hack I know but
works perfectly)

The just call the script with the nuv file name and it will do the rest.

Feel free to send me improvements

-Wayne