[mythtv] Regular expressions for program matching

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Nov 5 18:41:27 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:04:36 -0500 (EST), "Chris Pinkham" said:
> > > The frontend is more tricky.  It would basically require keyboard input
> > > (yuck), and would require a new screen where you could type the relevant
> > > info.
> >
> > Given a keyboard, the advanced recording screen would fill this need.
>
> I was thinking something along the same line.  The widget at the top
> could
> be changed to display editable info if this was a regex or manual record
> and display as-is for record entries from the program table.

That is a cool idea.  I had though that the Advanced Recording screen was
already too cluttered, but making the texts editable would be a cool
solution if the the aesthetics can be preserved.  The downside is that it
requires selecting a program in the first place.  My thought was to use
it for future programs that aren't in the db at this time as well.  Of
course you could just select any old program, and modify the
title/subtitle/etc enough to do this, but I don't think that is a
particularly intuitive interface.

Anyhow, I got sidetracked on some other projects, so haven't looked at
this regex stuff yet.  I still think it'll be easier to implement in
mythweb first, so that will probably be my first goal.

.Geoff