[mythtv] conflict resolution

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Wed Nov 5 14:49:52 EST 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 12:01:01PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:

> So it looks like this patch expects a recordoverride table to
> be created and populates manually for testing the concept. Is
> that correct?  Could this be merged with the existing
> conflictresolutionoverride tables and code or is it better to
> keep this separate? How would override record (1) compare with
> single record (record.type == 1)? Have you considered adding
> a new type for the 'record' table for "don't record" rather
> than adding a new table with essentially the same fields?

My original intent was for the conflictresolution tables to be obsoleted in
favour of this more generic mechanism.  It is definitely possible, and it
might clean up some things as well.

I think a separate table makes more sense, because:

1. Joining a table against itself is confusing

2. Some concept of priority would need to be implemented, in order for the
overrides to take precedence

3. The matching would probably work differently for the override table than
for the record table (making 1. especially confusing)

--
 - mdz