[mythtv] Updated visor/visorosd theme

Ben Levitt levittben at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 12:54:52 EST 2003

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for pointing out that browse mode was using
different theme elements than normal mode.  I hadn't
noticed that.  :)  But I don't want the length info to
appear at the bottom of the screen because it then
overlaps with the position/pause/picture-adjustment
osd when they're both up, which doesn't work so well.

Also, I didn't know that some xmltv providers are more
verbose than others.  I think that allowing the theme
to show all the text of the description is a good
thing, but that has to be balanced with not totally
covering the screen with osd for people who don't need
that much space for description (like me :] )  Also, I
had moved the info box up on the screen to get the
totally opaque part out of the upper-middle part of
the screen, since that area seems often to be where
faces appear.  So I think what I want to do is to keep
the info box up near the top of the screen, and leave
the background image the same size, but increase the
size of the description field, and make the background
fade all the way out at the bottom so that if a
description runs off the bottom of it, it won't look
too weird...

Not sure if that made sense.  I'll just do it soon and
send out a link to an updated version.  :)

Thanks for the ideas and the patch,

Ben