[mythtv] Regular expressions for program matching

Mon Nov 3 12:13:58 EST 2003

> So if anyone has any ideas on how to make the user-interface, I'll get to
> work coding, but there is no point to doing so otherwise.

I think you should have a really good play around with mythweb.  I have been using that to do a good proportion of what you are describing.  Try using the quick search at the top of the screen for example, it's good for checking that you have all your episodes setup correctly (and it's how I noticed I was missing some).

I can't help wondering if this isn't a better direction to go anyway?  Keep the main myth user interface, powerfull, but not too complicated and use mythweb for the real custom stuff (which means you have a higher res screen, keyboard, etc)

I know this doesn't suit everyone, but it's worth thinking about because neither does a really complicated mythtv interface...