[mythtv] Enabling mythtranscoder

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 30 18:48:40 EDT 2003

I just updated to the latest CVS (after a long time running a previous
version which has been working fine), and noticed that the transcoder
stuff was fully integrated, but initialization is commented out in the
mythbackend.  Is
there a reason for this?  Initially I was expecting that the user could
change the number of transcoders without rerunning 'setup' (and so the
transode polling thread was always started), but since the transcoder
control has been added to 'setup' (rather than being configurable from
mythfrontend), I can add a check to disable the transcode polling thread
from starting if MaxTranscoders == 0.  This will obvioulsy mean that the
backend needs to be restarted whenever MaxTranscoders is changed from 0
>=1.

Would this be acceptable?  Seems kinda weird to have a control in 'setup'
without being able to use it without code changes.

Thanks,
.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer