[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue May 27 21:27:35 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 07:24 pm, John Hurliman wrote:
> I'm in favor of keeping two separate versions, or two separate
> video-ui.xml files to keep the old functionality, if that's possible.

No one volunteered to maintain mythvideo.  It was essentially dead code until
John started working on it.  If you want to maintain the old mythvideo code
branch, please do.  Call it mythlauncher or whatnot, and if you actually
spend the time required to improve/maintain it, I'll set you up with a CVS
write account.

> I don't want to see mythvideo get broken like mythmusic did with playlists.

How is mythmusic broken?  Every single bit of the old functionality is there
with the playlist support.  The _only_ difference (functionally or UI-wise)
is a couple of new entries in the music tree, which no one is forcing you to
use.  It still works _exactly_ the same way if you don't use the playlist
stuff as it did in previous releases.

Isaac