[mythtv] Re: mythweb rewrite

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue May 27 00:36:44 EDT 2003

> Improve away. I'm up to my eyeballs with a mythmusic GUI rewrite. Am planning
> on getting back to MythWeb at some point, but more than happy to have someone
> else working on it.

sounds good, I'll do what I can.  I may end up doing a more complete
rewrite (depending upon how much overtime I need to put in at work) to
make it a bit more themable, etc.

> On the complexity/javascript thing, I'd really like to see mythweb develop the
> notion of a user/view and use cookies to persist the user/view identifier on
> a per browser ID basis. That way, I can still see the listings on my Zauraus,
> but they could be really tricked out on my desktop (same DB data, same
> mythweb code, just a different id cookie). Been thinking about doing this for
> quite a while, but have note had time to get to it.

which browser does the zaurus use (is it different if you use the one
that came with it vs the distro on sourceforge)?  Well, mainly, I'm just
wondering if simple stuff like the javascript confirm() function will
work or not (I don't mind leaving off fancy stuff, but things like
confirm() make life a lot easier than coding it into the html/php)

Anyway, with regard to all of this, I'm wondering if there's a way (via
php or mysql) to find out information about the frontend nodes connected
to mythbackend.  It'd be cool to have information about what's currently
being watched/recorded, or be able to actually control mythfrontend from
the web (eg. switch an idle box into mythmusic mode and start it playing
something)

-Chris