[mythtv] Multiple Tuner Problem in CVS

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Mon May 26 13:55:01 EDT 2003

Jon Nierenburg wrote:

>MythTV would never switch cards when I changed channels from one card to the other (IE. from channel A80 to B2).  The first card select would stay selected and I could never get to the channels on the other card.

As I understood him, Isaac said this is impossible at the moment. You
cannot have 2 cards with different channels.

>I tried  Ben Bucksch's preset patch and an updated CVS pull, but now I can't  view the PVR card at all :( I get the following errors on the myth backend: Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
>Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock
>error reading from: /dev/video0
>read: Input/output error

I don't see how my patch could cause that (with a proper database setup,
i.e. the tuning channums in "channum_real"). Esp. when the non-PVR card
works.

>P.S. Ben: Thanks for the previous advice and the patch....

I'm glad to see that it was of some use for somebody :-)