[mythtv] Internal error: unbalanced parenthesis in operand 1

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sat May 24 06:18:59 EDT 2003

Package: gcc
Version: 3:3.3-1
Severity: important

When trying to compile MythTV CVS, I get the following error at at least
2 places:

(during depend compile:)
libs/libmythtv/scheduledrecording.cpp
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:35010: Warning: end of file not at end of a line;
newline inserted
g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.

(after a make clean:)
libs/libavcodec/dsputil.c
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:69770: Warning: end of file not at end of a line;
newline inserted
{standard input}:69846: Error: unbalanced parenthesis in operand 1.
gcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report.

Both errors are reproducable.

It appeared immediately after I apt-get upgraded to 3.3, it does not
happen with 3.2.3.