[mythtv] Multiple Video Sources in the Program Guide

Jon Nierenburg jon at tangentrix.com
Thu May 22 15:12:42 EDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

I just upgrade my PVR hardware, and I upgraded Myth to the newest CVS version
(from .7).

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to prepend the video source
name to the channel number in the preview guide?

I live in Boston where every one has two coax cables.  This allows for
channels A2-A80 and B2-B55.  Currently Myth displays sorts the channels my
channel number so my preview guide displays 2,2,3,3,4,4...N.  I tried
changing the names of all the channels in the database by prepending the
appropriate letter.  That worked for the preview guide, but I couldn't
actually watch anything, becuase myth obviously couldn't tune to channel A5.

Thanks,
Jon