[mythtv] Fix for parallel makes

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon May 19 11:41:27 EDT 2003

On Monday 19 May 2003 01:09 am, David Engel wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 11:08:59PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Sunday 18 May 2003 10:47 pm, David Engel wrote:
> > > Here is a small patch to fix a dependency problem that shows up when
> > > running parallel makes with make -j.
> >
> > Makefiles are generated compile-time, though, and aren't checked in to
> > CVS.
>
> But the top-level Makefile *is* checked into CVS!  FWIW, it appears to
> be impossible to tell qmake how to do the right thing in this case.

Yeah, but it's completely generated and gets updated quite often.  I don't
really want to have to apply a patch every single time that happens.  I don't
even want to have the file in CVS, but I figure most people wouldn't be smart
enough to read the docs and run qmake first before trying to run make.

Isaac