[mythtv] Still problem using dvb

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Mon May 19 17:25:58 EDT 2003

Compilation is flawless, but I have still problem getting something out of
Satellite dish.

If I add the dvb configuration to my existing configuration, pressig C (I
suppose this is the key), I cannot change to dvb channels, but only cycling
throug the main cardinput choose: Antenna, Composite and SVideo.

If I remove all the non-dvb configuration, trying live-tv, mythforntend hang
without displaying nothing.

I am using linuxtv cvs driver.

Here is my setup:

linux:~# dmesg | tail
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI PCI).
saa7146_core.o: adjusting pci latency to 64
stv0299.c: setup for tuner SU1278/SH
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935 based)...

mysql> select * from capturecard;
+--------+-------------+-------------+-----------+----------+--------------+
----------------+----------+--------+----------+
| cardid | videodevice | audiodevice | vbidevice | cardtype | defaultinput |
audioratelimit | hostname | use_ts | dvb_type |
+--------+-------------+-------------+-----------+----------+--------------+
----------------+----------+--------+----------+
|      1 | 0           | NULL        | NULL      | DVB      | Television   |
NULL | linux  |      1 | S        |
+--------+-------------+-------------+-----------+----------+--------------+
----------------+----------+--------+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from cardinput;
+-------------+--------+----------+------------+-----------------+----------
--+-----------+----------+-----------+
| cardinputid | cardid | sourceid | inputname  | externalcommand |
preference | shareable | tunechan | startchan |
+-------------+--------+----------+------------+-----------------+----------
--+-----------+----------+-----------+
|           1 |      1 |        1 | Television |                 |
NULL | N         |          |           |
+-------------+--------+----------+------------+-----------------+----------
--+-----------+----------+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from videosource;
+----------+------------+--------------+--------+
| sourceid | name       | xmltvgrabber | userid |
+----------+------------+--------------+--------+
|        1 | Television | tv_grab_na   |        |
+----------+------------+--------------+--------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from channel;
+--------+---------+----------+----------+------+------+----------+---------
-----+---------+----------+------------+--------+
| chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign | name | icon | finetune |
videofilters | xmltvid | contrast | brightness | colour |
+--------+---------+----------+----------+------+------+----------+---------
-----+---------+----------+------------+--------+
|      1 | 1       |        1 | RAI      | RAI  |      |        0 | NULL
| RAI     |    32768 |      32768 |  32768 |
+--------+---------+----------+----------+------+------+----------+---------
-----+---------+----------+------------+--------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from channel_dvb;
+--------+-----------+--------+-------+------+-------------+------+--------+
-----------+-----------+--------------+--------------+------------+---------
----------+----------------+-----------+
| chanid | listingid | pids   | freq  | pol  | symbol_rate | tone | diseqc |
inversion | bandwidth | hp_code_rate | lp_code_rate | modulation |
transmission_mode | guard_interval | hierarchy |
|      1 | RAI       | 160,80 | 11766 | V    |       27500 |    0 |      0 |
auto      | auto      | auto         | auto         | QPSK       | auto
| auto           | auto      |