[mythtv] NuppelVideo(Recorder/Player)

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Mon May 19 00:52:10 EDT 2003

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 11:19:29PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Sorry to reply to my own message, but I found out at least one way it's
> > been done, and implemented that. The mencoder patch forces the aspect to
> > be 4:3 all the time, unless you modify code someplace to use 16:9.
>
> yeah.  All mythtv recordings are 4:3.  Until the dvb stuff starts working, I
> suppose. =)

Ahhh, good. I wasn't just being moronic. I hate when I do that in
public.

> > Oh, it specifically requires that you have a global named gContext, as
> > MythContext* for those who are wondering why I made that statement.
>
> That's by design, really..

Ahhh, good. I've seen some places where that was most definitely NOT by
design, and wanted to make sure this wasn't one of them. Say, Isaac,
since the topic is actually approaching something to consider, how would
you treat it if I made mythmkmovie into a plugin for MythTV? Is it
something you'd be okay with, or would it really annoy you? I'm asking
because (despite appearances to the contrary notwithstanding) it's not
my goal to piss you off. If anything, it's to try and help
extend/improve the functionality of MythTV in ways that you might not
have expected or originally desired, but can still appreciate and use.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 6CB0A96C       My Public Key Available At: www.keyserver.net