[mythtv] dvb @ cvs howto

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Thu May 15 22:29:45 EDT 2003

ramon.roca at xcombo.com wrote:

>before going to the makefiles etc to figure out how to build it, i'm wondering if someone (Ben?) can drop us a few lines explaining how to build mythtv with dvb and maybe also some info on how to setup channels using current cvs. if that's already somewhere my apologies, i didn't fount it.

In settings.pro, you have a few lines about DVB. Uncomment them and set
the include path to the right dir, but chances are that it is already.
You need of course to have the DVB drivers installed
<http://www.linuxtv.org>, module "DVB", IIRC), version later than oct 2002.

The channel DB setup is explained in an earlier post
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=60174>. It
talked about the parameter list appraoch, while I now use a separate
table, but the difference should be obvious.