[mythtv] archiving idea

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Sun May 11 01:00:13 EDT 2003

It would be cool to be able to burn a data DVD with .nuv files that I
could later insert and play from MythTV.  I suppose it would involve
moving some of the database information (recorded, recordedmarkup)
into a file and adding a feature to search a drive for this file plus
the .nuvs.

The benefit over making DVD-Video is that it doesn't require
transcoding and all of the commercial markup and show info would still
be present.

I won't have a chance to play with this until after classes are over,
but I thought I'd throw it out while it was on my mind in case anyone
else is interested.

Time to get back to work.. :)

-jim