[mythtv] Mythbackend (Broken Pipe with backtrace)

Ian Westcott ijw1 at pacbell.net
Sat May 10 05:37:31 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:31:00PM -0400, ben wrote:
> Mythbackend finally died in gdb.  I don't know if this is a myth issue
> since none of the backtrace lists mythtv function.  Hopefully somebody
> can give me some guidance.  Here's the last few lines from the console,
> and the resulting bt.  If anybody can make a suggestion as to where the
> problem is I'd be grateful.

Hi Ben, this is normal when debugging some things in gdb. Normally that
broken pipe signal gets passed to the program, but gdb catches it first.
Next time when starting gdb, try the following before (r)unning the
program:

handle SIGPIPE nostop
handle SIGPIPE pass

(It's certainly possible there was a bug that generated the signal, but
not necessarily).

Ian