[mythtv] MythMkMovie

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Mon May 5 19:18:28 EDT 2003

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 03:04:21AM -0500, bertusmedia at hotmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for such a nifty script, or should I say program!

You're very welcome.

> I've been playing a little bit with through the weekend and I like what I'm
> getting so far.
>
> I have a few questions about resolution though. I have originally set my
> capture resolution to 480x480 and I can't find a way directly to resize the
> final avi to a more reasonable 320x240. Is there any way to indicate mkmovie
> a different resolution?

Not yet. I hadn't really considered trying to do video resizing at this
point for the simple reason that it never occurred to me. Now that you
mention it, it IS a good idea. I'm adding it to my TODO list. Now, if
somebody were feeling generous, they'd write up a patch I could use for
it :)

> I tried changing my capture resolution to 320x240 and the script gets stuck
> before the actual movie conversion (when putting together the black frames I
> think). Did anybody else experience this? I played changing the compression
> method to MPeg4 from RJpg, so maybe that was the problem...don't know.

That could be a failure due to mencoder. I've been very worried about
correcting for that, and I'm not sure how. I may just need to bite the
bullet and include a decent sized png graphic in the script (though I'm
NOT at all happy about that. Anybody got any better ideas?).

> Another thing I found, and I see more people complaining about the same in
> the list, is that if I set my capture to be 640x480 Myth still captures at
> 480x480, any reason for that? Is it hardware?

That, unfortunately, I've got zero input on. I'm not dealing at all with
the C++ code, so have no idea of the answer.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net