[mythtv] PVR 250 Problems

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Sat May 3 01:11:53 EDT 2003

I picked up a 250 today and have been trying to install it in Mandrake 9.1
according to the HOWTO 19.10.  Everything seemed to go like clockwork,
compiling and installing.  On my machine its /dev/v4l/video2 as 0 and
1 are taken by other cards.

Video2 is set for hardware encoding in the setup
program, and in recording setup...

 However when I try to start myth against
that card the backend console spitsout errors like:

Probed: /dev/v4l/video2 - Composite 0
Probed: /dev/v4l/video2 - Composite 1
Probed: /dev/v4l/video2 - Composite 2
Probed: /dev/v4l/video2 - Composite 3
Probed: /dev/v4l/video2 - Tuner 0
Probed: /dev/v4l/video2 - Composite 4
Probed: /dev/v4l/video2 - S-Video 0
Probed: /dev/v4l/video2 - S-Video 1
Probed: /dev/v4l/video2 - S-Video 2
Probed: /dev/v4l/video2 - S-Video 3
adding: cyclone.foddy.home as a player 1
adding: cyclone.foddy.home as a player 0
adding: cyclone.foddy.home as a player 0
adding: cyclone.foddy.home as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
IOBOUND - blocking in ThreadedFileWriter::Write()
Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock
Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock
Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock
Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock
Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock

with no hint of video or audio.  If I try
mplayer /dev/v4l/video2
it returns an error indicating an unsupported/unrecognized format.

What puzzles me is the ivtv install says v4l2 is needed, but
to my knowledge the standard Mandrake 9.1 doesn't have
v4l2 support included (or does it)...

Any ideas?  BTW...  This is a cvs snapshot from 16apr, I
can upgrade needed.

Thanks,
Brian