[mythtv] PATCH: closed caption support

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Mon Mar 31 08:30:53 EST 2003

At 28-3-03 18:54, Martin Moeller wrote:
>At some point, could the database be expanded with where to look for
>CC's? The ideal place I guess would be the channel table, simply an
>extra row there that could be prefilled with 888 if that is the most
>common. Then, either by setup or SQL it would be easy for those of us
>with other pages to change it for a given channel and try it out.

Start coding :-)
I wanted to add this functionality to MythTV, but can't seem to find the
time anymore to work on it.

>It could be called caption or teletext (or whatever you want :))
Should be teletext, the closed caption stuff never needs it.

Lonnie is working on the CC part of the subtitles, this has nearly no
overlay with the Teletext support. CC only has two channels, of which
usually only one is used, they don't need to remember anything. Teletext
can theoretically use nearly a thousand different pages for subtitling, and
probably 50 different ones are used by different stations all over the world.

As nobody is actively working on Teletekst anymore, please jump in...

Erik