[mythtv] New OSD's

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun Mar 30 15:25:42 EST 2003

On Sunday 30 March 2003 03:10 pm, Ben Brown wrote:
> Another suggestion would be justification settings for text area's
> (left|center|right). Also it would be great if the setup screens scanned
> the themes directory for osd themes instead of just listing specific
> themes. This would stop from having to patch the source to add a theme.
> You probably already thought about that though.

Hadn't thought of the text justification, though the text layout code should
already do all that, just need to hook it up to the file parser.  Also, I'll
add the ability to specify a static text string to display in a container.

> I'm assuming you can use pixmaps for background in any container.  I'm
> going to work with this stuff some more tonight and try backgrounds on
> the channel numbers as well as working with the edit screen a little
> more.

You can specifiy as many pixmaps/shaded boxes as you want for each container,
really.  They'll get drawn in the order they appear in the xml file.

Isaac