[mythtv] New OSD's

Ben Brown ben at handcoder.com
Sat Mar 29 20:18:49 EST 2003

Since Isaac add this functionality tonight, I thought I would take
advantage of it and put together a new OSD.  This is based on the work
done by Nate (http://www.ziarek.com/mythtv/liquid-to-iulius.asp)

There are 2 different version of essentially the same osd one uses the
greensQuatch (http://www.handcoder.com/greensQuatchosd.tar.gz)
background and the other uses the iulius
(http://www.handcoder.com/iuliusosd.tar.gz) background.

To install, untar, ungzip the archive to /usr/share/local/mythtv/themes/
Then apply the newosd.diff patch that's included with the tar.gz.
You'll then be able to select the new osd in the appearance setting.

Isaac, if your still working on the osd stuff, something I'd like to
suggest is the ability to size the channel logos.

Thanks
Ben