[mythtv] Slow menu drawing

James Knight foom at fuhm.net
Sat Mar 29 17:10:35 EST 2003

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 02:09  PM, John Danner wrote:
>> Why not simply just draw the new foreground pixmap directly to the
>> passed-in Painter
>
> You need to copy the background pixmap into the object you are
> painting onto
> which is what the .fill does. Then you draw the pixmap on top of the
> background, then draw that entire pixmap back to the screen.
>
> Without the fill there will just be a black background <- or maybe the
> window's background color if it is set.

I eliminated the extra temporary object that it was painting into
entirely, and made it just paint the logo directly to the screen
without bothering with the extra copying. It seems to work - there's
definitely no big box around the mythTV logo - I would have noticed
that. :) As far as I can tell, what it does now is identical (besides
the speed) to what it did before.

James