[mythtv] Niftyness and network sound

Thor Johnson thormj at ieee.org
Wed Mar 26 12:05:05 EST 2003

Well, almost nifty.  I'm using cygwin/XFree86 on Win2K to
play with / edit mythtv.  I put in a few lines that make
it so I can play videos across the lan (X protocol)
(basically, drop 2 out of 3 frames):
  Preview window: 800 Kps,      2K CPU 35% (Duron 900)
  Viewing at 640x480: 3200 Kps, 2K CPU 90%

>From icewm... I dunno what a Kps is, but if I don't
drop the frames, my NT CPU pegs and it looks worse
than if I drop them.

MythTV CPU usage is negligable (Mpeg4 3000Kb/s).
NoSHM, NoXV

It works well enough that I'm wishing I had network
sound... anybody have a suggestion for a sound transport
that has a windows daemon?

Cool.  Just *damn* cool.
-Thor Johnson

PS.  I found an old esound for win32.  I can get esdplay
     to work, but I can't get anything else to do much...
     I hacked some EsounD into nupplevideoplayer, but
     it seems non-working.