[mythtv] DB Error (blank frame list insert) and ERROR:file I/Oproblem in 'safe read'

Thor Johnson thormj at ieee.org
Wed Mar 26 00:22:13 EST 2003

As far as I can tell, the error message is a non-issue.
(At least for the recorded table.  I'm not sure what a
"blank frame list insert" does [then again, I'm really new
at this])

I get that message if I abort mythbackend during a recording
and restart it. It notices that there's a program scheduled,
so it fires off a recorder which puts data into the database
(fails because it already did that), and appends to the file.

Unfortunately, I think the file is corrupt at this point.
I'm not sure how easily fixable it would be (lack of ff/rew
indicates the seek table is bad, but I don't know how to
rebuild it...)

How often do you get these errors?

>  Also how can I make mythtv forget about the old recordings.  It
> suppresses some recordings because they have been recorded before.  It
> would be nice If i can turn this off on a per recording basis. If not I
> would rather just turn it off altogether.

When I changed codecs and wanted to get copies of shows I had
before, I did ran "delete * from oldrecorded".

-Thor Johnson