[mythtv] Dual (simultaneous) use of MythTV box

Michael Kedl kedlm at knology.net
Tue Mar 25 16:37:59 EST 2003

As long as you have 2 copies of X running then they will be independent.
Each will have the option of having a mouse and/or keyboard and/or
lircd.

If you really have only 2 "screens" under one copy of X then as far as I
know they will simply share mouse/keyboard/lircd resources.

As long as you have the RAM and configured hw then 2 copies of X should
not be a problem.  I have done it occasionally.  For my use, I have PS/2
keyboard/mouse for one copy of X and have used USB for the other copy.

For you, the wife copy shouldn't have a keyboard/mouse since you will be
using lircd.  I haven't tried X with no keyboard/mouse configured, but I
imagine it will work.

Cheers,
Mike

Michael Kedl <kedlm at knology.net>