[mythtv] CVS Patches: MythRemoteLineEdit, Edit Program Info

Tue Mar 25 15:52:39 EST 2003

> A gotcha for other ppl playing with the database:
>   For some reason mysql will update starttime if you change the
>   recorded table unless you pass that into the sql query.  I'm
>   not sure why it doesn't do that to endtime...

There was a thread a few days back where this was discussed.  It seems to be due to the use of the "timestamp" datatype for date fields.  I'm quoting others here, but it seems that timestamp is an auto-updating field which updates itself when you touch the row (ie acts like a timestamp!).  Certainly in MS SQL this is the way timestamps are used, but I haven't looked at the docs for mysql

Mysql obviously assumes that there will only be one timestamp on a table, so it apparantly only updates the first one automatically, even if there are several.