[mythtv] Reason for both delete and watch Recordings

Mon Mar 24 09:27:30 EST 2003

> > I was just curious why we have both "Delete Recordings" and "Watch
> > Recordings" screen.  Since we can both watch and delete from either
> > screen wouldn't it make more sense to consolidate to just a "Recordings"
> > page?
>
> I like em separate, really.  You can consolidate them yourself if you want by
> just deleting one of the entries from the menu .xml files.

Having two seperate screens with somewhat overlapping functionality might well make a lot of sense if there were future plans to have a sophisticated auto-delete function (apparantly like TIVO offers).  You could make the delete screen sort in a different way and have functions, say, to delete all shows older than a certain date which have already been watched, etc.  Perhaps also adding flags to make a show as being a favourite to be saved, etc.

Obviously something for the future, but having a seperate screen clearly makes sense if that sort of thing is on the cards