[mythtv] External tunner additional external script

bertusmedia at hotmail.com bertusmedia at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 23 14:30:46 EST 2003

I brought up this on the pass, and now that I just migrated to .8 I've come
across the same problem all over.

Maybe I'm just missing something and some other people with external tunners
came out with better solutions; anyhow, I have the sound of the internal and
external tunners comming through my line-in sound. When ever a switch from
the external tunner to the other I need to shut it down. If I don't turn it
off the soun gets a fed from both sources.

The solution I found was to add and if to the changechannel external script
that turns the external box off for any channel lower than 100. The problem
is that I always, no matter wich source I am I have to invoke the script.
This makes switching channels slower and it isn't more than a patch.

What people with external tunners need really is a second external script
call when the source is switched. That way when a tune to my broadcast
channels: < 100 I would turn the external tunner off or going into the
direct tv channels I would turn it on only onces.

I would do the changes myself becuse looking at the code I cannot think it
would by too complicated. But I don't have enough time to try and do a good
job...so I ask you to consider a solution for this issue for the next
version of myth.

And for the people using external tunner I would really apreciate any
feedback and opinions in this matter.

Before I finish I have to say once more how of a wonderful project this is:
I enjoy myth tv throughly, so thanks again.

Roberto